This is a spin off blog from I CAN'T WANNA.
Cards, scrapbook projects and other crafty things.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

365 Cards - Day 46 - Matchbook Card

Today's 365 Card Challenge is to make a Matchbook Card. I haven't been drawn to the Matchbook Scrapbooks, so I wasn't thrilled to see this one today. But, I made one because I am trying to stick with this challenge. I need cards. I like the variety on 365 Cards. I LOVE the cards that are entered. One of the things that I admire about this group is that they leave the "ingredients" wide open. You don't have to use a specific product. Which means that we, the viewers, get to see a WIDE variety of styles. And being exposed to a variety of anything makes one think that one could do those other things. Anyway, I am blabbering.
But, what I am trying to say is that I really like 365 Cards.
Thank you ladies.
And today's challenge is one of those times that pushed me to make something I didn't think I would like. But I did end up liking this and I think I will make more of them.

So on to the eye candy. Here is my entry:


And here is the inside. Nothing fancy. But I like the colors.





I put this together in about 30 minutes. I love it.
Thanks for looking.

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

sah-wheet...I love the colors!

Vicky said...

love it!! i hear ya on embracing a challenge you don't think you want to do. i've done a few of those for some former challenges and like you, found i actually liked them after i finished them! of course, i haven't really done any more of them! oh well....great job on your card today - it's really cute!

Karen Lee said...

I love your card. They were pretty simple to put together. I'm glad you are sticking with the challenge.

hugs, Karen Lee

Fi said...

Beautiful card - I love the bright colour combo and the way you have used the negative for your sentiment.
Hugs
Fi

willow said...

Gorgeous lovely colours
Maz

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Love the colour combo. This is a great card, you did an incredible job!
R

Rosemary said...

I was kind of iffy on this challenge and I love what you made. It is so bright and happy with lots of embellishments but isn't fussy. Hmm....I wonder who will get that card?

Thanks for turning me onto the 365 site! I am loving getting cards done and stretching my repertoire!

fabricbutterfly said...

I looove your colour combo, it is so fresh and pretty, and the card is wonderful, as well. good job

Kim said...

Very pretty! I luv your colors too!

Kristen Hermanny said...

I love how you used the flowers!!! And the brads used for the the catch is a great idea. Your reverse cut on your letters is also a really neat idea.

kristie sessions said...

YES!! I Love that you now like something you didn't before! Its such a great layout and the colors are really hip and fun. I love it Jana! Great job with this one!

Pam said...

Well I love it, too - so bright and fun! And I'm glad that you are finding inspiration with us :)